Use Class A4 – Drinking Establishments

The Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as changed) puts employments of area and structures into different classifications known as ‘Use Classes‘.

Use Class A4 - Drinking Establishments









Premises where the primary purposes is the sale and consumption of alcoholic drinks on the premises.

  • Wine-bar
  • public house
  • Any other drinking establishment

Permitted change from A4

  • A1 where there is a display window at ground floor level
  • A2 o4
  • A3

Premises in the A4 class have a permitted change of use to both the A1, A2 or A3 use class but not to any other use class.

Call Drawing and Planning today on 0208 202 3665 for Change of Use Consultation.

Link :

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *